With spring creeping in, Danville Parks and Recreation will host Spring Rec-Tacular Open House on Saturday, March 28, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Squire Recreation Center.
The event will feature games, activities, demonstrations, healthy snacks, program registrations, summer camp discounts and giveaways; one lucky winner will receive an iPad II while the first 500 will receive Play Danville sunglasses.
Throughout the course of the day, a host of activities will be available including an obstacle course, speed pitch, jousting arena, pedal cars and a children’s princess/super hero fun run.
Demonstrations and performances include:
• Pickelball at 10 a.m.
• OWLS Fitness at 10:15 a.m.
• Star Lab at 10 :15 a.m. (every 15 minutes until 1:15 p.m.)
• Let’s Dance and Council on Aging Dance at 10:45 a.m.
• Zumba and Nguzo Saba Drumming at 11: 15 a.m.
• Back 2 Basix Cardio Basketball at 11:45 a.m.
• Prime Time Fitness at 12:15 p.m.
• Krav Maga Self Defense Martial Art at 12:45 p.m.
• Kuumba West African Dance at 1:15 p.m.
The children’s fun run will begin at 11 a.m.; registration will be prior to the race. There is no fee and everyone receives a prize. Costumes are encouraged. Pedal car activities will begin at 11:30 a.m.
The event is sponsored by National Guard and URW and is free and open to the public. For more information, call (434) 799-5200.