City Council will meet Tuesday, Feb. 24, in a business session at 7 p.m., followed by a work session. Both sessions are open to the public.
The business session will be held in the Council Chambers on the fourth floor of the Municipal Building, which is located at 427 Patton St.
The work session will be held on the same floor, but across the hall in the Council Conference Room. In work sessions, Council reviews non-routine matters that will be voted upon in future business meetings.
During next week’s business session, City Council has votes scheduled on two matters:
• approval of the Parks and Recreation master plan.
• a request for special use permit to allow for commercial indoor recreation at 136 South Ridge St. Von Wellington has applied for the permit. He proposes to use the facility for private events such as board meetings, receptions, conferences and professional mixers. A public hearing will be held prior to the vote.
For the work session, four items are on the agenda:
• introduction of the working draft of the proposed budget for the next fiscal year, which begins July 1,
• emergency management mutual aid agreement between the City and Danville Public Schools,
• updated transit system development plan as required by the Virginia Department of Rail and Public Transportation,
• monthly review of financial statements.
City Council also will hold a special work session at 5 p.m. to discuss personnel matters. This session will be closed to the public.
River City TV, the city’s government access channel, will air the business session. Watch it live on cable (Comcast channel 10 and Gamewood channel 122) or streaming at RiverCityTV.org or the city's YouTube channel – DanvilleVaGov.
River City TV does not air work sessions, but they are open to the public.