How do I make a complaint against a Police Officer?
If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a Danville police officer or any other aspect of police operations, please:

A. Come at any time to the Danville Police Department, 427 Patton St., Danville, VA 24541 and tell the duty officer that you want to make a complaint, or

B. Call the Danville Police Department at (434)799-6510 and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint, or

C. Print the form at the bottom of this answer and fill in the appropriate blanks before returning the form to the Police Department, or

D. Write your complaint and mail it to the Chief of Police, Danville Police Department, P.O. Box 3300, Danville, VA 24543.

A supervisory officer will assist you in filling out a complaint form if you wish. This form asks you to identify yourself and to give specific details about your complaint. Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint. When your complaint has been investigated, the Chief of Police will review the investigation and write you a letter explaining what has been determined concerning your complaint.

Citizen Complaint Directions and Form

Show All Answers

1. How do I report a crime or suspicious activity?
2. How do I pay a parking ticket?
3. How do I obtain a copy of a report?
4. Where do I go to get fingerprinted for a job?
5. How do I obtain a concealed weapon permit?
6. What permits are available?
7. How do I obtain a Secondhand Building Fixtures Permit?
8. How do I obtain an Annual Junk Dealer Permit for Secondhand Building Fixtures?
9. How do I make a complaint against a Police Officer?
10. How do I obtain a shoulder patch from the department?
11. How do I obtain a copy of my criminal record?
12. How do I obtain my DMV record?
13. How can I find out information on Urban Archery Season
14. How can I purchase surplus/confiscated items from the City of Danville?