The Danville Police Department values feedback from our community. We strive to meet our mission to “provide quality service to the community through a process of continuous improvement.”
Employees receive annual performance and development reviews. Positive job performance and feedback help ensure that employees are meeting or exceeding expectations.
HOW DO I COMMEND A POLICE OFFICER?
If you wish to commend an officer, please use one of the options below. Anonymous commendations are also accepted.
- Commend an officer online. You can commend an officer through the form on our website. | Commendation Form
- Commend an officer by mail. You can submit written officer commendations by using the following address: Chief of Police, Danville Police Department, P.O. Box 3300, Danville, VA 24543.
- Make a commendation in person. Come at any time to the Danville Police Department. The police department is located at 1 Community Way, temporarily 2291 Memorial Drive, Danville, VA 24541.
- Call the Danville Police Department. During regular business hours call 434-799-6520, ext. 1. Outside regular business hours call 434-799-6510, ext. 2
How do I make a complaint against a Police Officer?
The City of Danville Police Department takes seriously all complaints regarding the service provided by the Department and the conduct of its members. If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of a Danville police officer or any other aspect of police operations, please use one of the options below.
- Make a complaint online. You can submit an allegation of misconduct through a form on our website. | Complaint Form
- Complete a form and submit in person or by mail. Print and complete the Citizen Complaint and Inquiry Form (PDF) submit the form to the Police Department in person (1 Community Way, temporarily 2291 Memorial Drive, Danville, VA 24541) or by mail at the following address: Chief of Police, Danville Police Department, P.O. Box 3300, Danville, VA 24543. This form asks you to identify yourself and to give specific details about your complaint. Anonymous complaints are also investigated.
- Make a complaint in person. Come at any time to the Danville Police Department, 1 Community Way, temporarily 2291 Memorial Drive, Danville, VA 24541, and tell the duty officer that you want to make a complaint.
- Call the Danville Police Department. During regular business hours, call 434-799-6520 ext. 1. Outside of regular business hours, call 434-799-6510, ext. 2.
Your complaint will then be investigated. You may be contacted and asked for additional questions about your complaint. A supervisory officer will assist you in filling out a complaint form if you wish. When your complaint has been investigated, the Chief of Police will review the investigation and write you a letter explaining what has been determined concerning your complaint.