Secondhand Building Fixtures Permit
Virginia code § 59.1-117 now requires a permit to be obtained and held by any person(s) selling or acquiring any secondhand building fixtures. Further code definition classifies the following as Secondhand Building Materials: secondhand heating or plumbing fixtures or supplies, electric fixtures or any wiring, gas fixtures or appliances, water faucets, pipes, locks, bathtubs, gutters, downspouts, or other secondhand fixtures of whatever kind or description pertaining to a building or structure.
Click here for additional information on Secondhand Building Fixtures
Click here for Secondhand Building Fixtures Permit
Click here for Junk Dealer Annual Permit Application
Concealed Handgun Permit
Danville Police Department
427 Patton St
Danville, VA 24541
Ph: (434) 799-6522
Clerk of Circuit Court
James F. Ingram Justice Center
401 Patton St
Danville, VA 24541
Ph: (434) 799-5168
Fx: (434) 799-6502
Ph: (434) xxx-xxxx
Fx: (434) xxx-xxxx
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Go to the Clerk of Circuit Court and pick up an application at a cost of $15 (cash or check).
- Once you have filled out the application, go to the Danville Police Department Records Office, Monday through Friday, between 1:00 pm and 4:30 pm. A fee of $35 (cash only) will be charged for fingerprinting and processing the application.
- When the application process is completed in approximately 45 days, you will be notified by phone or mail by the Clerk of Danville Circuit Court of the status of your permit.
- Permit Renewal -- Application for a new five year renewal period may be submitted via the United States mail to the circuit court.
- The court, upon receipt of a criminal history records check, may issue the renewal without requiring the applicant to re-appear before the court provided no new disqualifications are present.
- If the new five-year permit is issued while an existing permit remains valid, the new five-year permit shall become effective upon the expiration date of the existing permit, provided that the application is received by the court at least 90 days but no more than 180 days prior to the expiration of the existing permit.
- Fingerprint impressions are not required for the renewal of an existing permit pursuant to § 15.2-915.3
- If the permit holder is a member of the Virginia National Guard, Armed Forces of the United States, or the Armed Forces reserves of the United States, and his permit expires during an active-duty military deployment outside of the permittee's county or city of residence, such permit shall remain valid for 90 days after the end date of the deployment (§ 18.2-308).
Block Party Permit
Download and complete an application
from this website or obtain an application in person at the Danville Police Department Records Office, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. The charge is $75 (non-refundable, cash only).
Block parties may be approved if they are for positive, open-to-the-public, community-based functions whose purpose is to generate goodwill for all persons involved. Block parties must be designed to minimally disrupt neighborhood traffic and must have the approval of all residents within the blocked area.
If the block party permit is approved, you will receive a copy of your application in the mail checked "Approved". Please keep the approved application with you during the course of the block party.
If the block party permit is denied, you will either receive a telephone call informing you that it has been denied or a notice by mail.
- Download and complete an application from this website or in person at the Danville Police Department Records Office, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. The charge is $3 (non-refundable, cash only).
- Parade permits may be approved with restrictions on manner, route and time.
- Obtain and complete an application in person from the Danville Police Department Records Office, Monday through Friday, between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. The charge is $20 (non-refundable, cash only). A renewal permit costs $10 (cash only).
- You must bring the following items to the Police Records Office:
- Current Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Company's intent-to-hire letter