The citizens of Danville expect professional law enforcement services and the Danville Police Department is determined to meet these expectations. Individuals who measure up to these expectations and are willing to make Danville a better place to live and work are considered for selection. We are seeking men and women who value ethical decision making, who are committed to lifetime learning, and who are not afraid to stand for what is just.
View open job opportunities
Potential police officers must:
- Be a United States citizen
- Be at least 20 years of age
- Undergo a comprehensive background investigation
- Have a high school diploma or GED
- Possess a valid driver's license
- Undergo a physical examination
- Have no felony convictions
- Produce a negative result on a drug screen
Please note: Past drug use and misdemeanor convictions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.