Richard Drazenovich, P.E.
998 S. Boston Rd.
Danville, VA 24540
P.O. Box 3300
Ph: (434) 799-5245
Fx: (434) 799-6458
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The Sanitation Division is responsible for household garbage and bulk debris from 17,000 homes per week. The City is divided into five collection zones. Each zone represents a day of the week and is divided into seven routes. 13,000 tons of refuse is collected and disposed of annually.
2012 Refuse Collection Thanksgiving Schedule Change
CURBSIDE REFUSE COLLECTION BEGINS AUGUST 1, 2011
Residents are asked to follow the Solid Waste Collection Guidelines for residential collection.
- Residential refuse is collected once a week
- Residents should place refuse at curbside by 7:00 a.m. the day of collection or the evening before
- All refuse should be properly contained in 20 - 32 gallon containers or approved 90 gallon roll out cart with wheels and a dump bar. Containers larger than 32 gallons must be hydraulically able to be dumped and must be compatible to existing City equipment.
- Each container should not exceed 50 pounds
- Containers should be clean and in sanitary condition, free from odors and insects
Please call the Public Works Department at (434) 799-5245 for missed refuse pick-ups.
Refuse Set Out Service
A refuse container set out service is available for residents who are physcially challenged and unable to take their garbage to curbside for collection. The following requirements must be met:
1. A doctor's certification of disability.
2. A signed, notarized affidavit stating that there is no other available assistance to place refuse at curbside.
3. Cost is $260 annually for January - December service. (This is in addition to the $16.50 monthly refuse fee).
The initial application will be pro-rated to the end of December at a cost of $5 per week. (If paying with cash, please bring exact change).
Submit your application forms and payment to:
Public Works Department
998 South Boston Road
Danville, VA 24540
Zone Maps for Refuse Collection are listed below:
City of Danville Refuse Zone Map
Monday Refuse Zone Map
Tuesday Refuse Zone Map
Wednesday Refuse Zone Map
Thursday Refuse Zone Map
Friday Refuse Zone Map