The Sanitation Division is responsible for household garbage and bulk debris from 17,000 homes per week. The City is divided into five collection zones. Each zone represents a day of the week and is divided into six routes. 13,000 tons of refuse is collected and disposed of annually.
Richard Drazenovich, P.E.
998 S. Boston Rd.
Danville, VA 24540
P.O. Box 3300
Ph: (434) 799-5245
Fx: (434) 799-6458
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Residential refuse is collected once a week
- Residents should place refuse at curbside by 7:00 a.m. the day of collection or the evening before
- Containers should be clean and in sanitary condition, free from odors and insects
After January 1, 2014, all residential refuse customers will be required to use an approved container for household trash collection. (more details) Cart prices are subject to change.
General Container Guidelines
Please call the Public Works Department at (434) 799-5245 for missed refuse pick-ups.
Refuse Set Out Service
A refuse container set out service is available for residents who are physically challenged and unable to take their garbage to curbside for collection. The following requirements must be met:
1. A doctor's certification of disability.
2. A signed, notarized affidavit stating that there is no other available assistance to place refuse at curbside.
3. Cost is $260 annually for January - December service. (This is in addition to the $16.50 monthly refuse fee).
The initial application will be pro-rated to the end of December at a cost of $5 per week. (If paying with cash, please bring exact change).
Submit your application forms and payment to:
Public Works Department
998 South Boston Road
Danville, VA 24540
Zone Maps for Refuse Collection are listed below:
City of Danville Refuse Zone Map
Monday Refuse Zone Map
Tuesday Refuse Zone Map
Wednesday Refuse Zone Map
Thursday Refuse Zone Map
Friday Refuse Zone Map