Charles H. Harris Financial Service Center
311 Memorial Dr.
Danville, VA 24541
P.O. Box 3308
Ph: (434) 799-5155
Fx: (434) 797-8875
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Please visit the Customer Service Office in the Charles H. Harris Financial Center to initiate your utility service. A security deposit
may be required to start service. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
All Danville Utilities customers are required to sign a personalized contract for service that is generated by a Customer Service Representative when initiating service. Please be prepared to provide the following information when applying for service:
- Name of applicant.
- Proof of applicant’s identification, such as a driver’s license, or other government-issued picture I.D.
- Address of service location
- Lease or other proof of residence/ownership of the location
- Telephone number where the applicant can be reached.
- Date applicant wants service to start.
- For a new service location, the purpose for which service is to be used.
- Customer's current mailing address.
This information will be recorded on the contract at the time the service application is made and signed by the customer applicant. If the contract is mailed to the customer for his or her signature, it must be notarized.
Service Initiation Fees
In most cases, utilities services can be connected the same day a customer applies for service. There is an extra charge for an after hours service connection (same-day service connection in which the customer applies for service after 2 pm).
- Service Initiation Fee - $40.00
- After Hours Service Initiation Fee - $60.00
View the complete Danville Utilities Service Policies & Procedures