Development Review Process
427 Patton St. Room 207
Danville, VA 24541
P.O. Box 3300
Ph: (434) 799-5261
Fx: (434) 799-8919
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
In an effort to provide effective service to developers and contractors, as well as existing and prospective businesses, the City of Danville has established a Development Review Process. This simplified procedure will eliminate the need for the developer to meet with the various City departments and agencies. This process is applicable to industrial, commercial and large residential projects.
- The applicant should contact the Community Development Department to identify required approvals and permits.
- The applicant will be provided with copies of appropriate development guidelines, applications, and a preliminary checklist.
- The applicant submits required plans or plats along with their application(s) to the Community Development Department.
- The application package will be reviewed for completeness.
- Once the application is reviewed, the plans will be distributed for review and approval by all affected City departments as well as the telephone and cable television service providers, 7 sets of plans will be required.
- Once the plans are accepted, a meeting will be scheduled within 7-10 working days with the Development Review Committee to review comments or suggestions with the applicant.
- Within 7-10 working days of the plan submittal, the applicant will be notified of any comments and concerns.
Plan Review Meeting
Final Plan Preparation
- The Development Review Committee meets as needed. The applicant meets with the committee during this time.
- The applicant will be provided a list of outstanding issues and/or concerns not resolved at the Development Review Committee meeting within 48 hours of the meeting.
Final Plan Review and Approval
- If necessary, the applicant will revise plans to address any issues or concerns presented as a result of the Development Review Committee meeting.
- Revised plans will be submitted to the Community Development Department.
- The Development Review Committee reviews revised plans and forwards comments to the City within 7 working days.
- The Development Review Committee approves the plan, assuming that all outstanding issues have been addressed and resolved, and notifies the applicant of the approval.
Once plans have been approved, appropriate permits can be issued.