- Parks and Recreation
- Riverwalk Trail and Outdoor Recreation
- Zipline and Adventure Course
Zipline and Adventure Course
ZIP LINE SATURDAYS
EVERY SATURDAY IN JUNE AND JULY
1 P.M. to 5 P.M.
$5 per ride Cash/Check only
Located at Dan Daniel Memorial Park – Skate Park
302 River Park Drive
Danville, VA 24540
Zipline - Danville Parks and Recreation’s 400-foot zip line features both single and tandem rides and is available for group reservations and birthday parties not to mention year-round programs.
The zip line is open to participants ages 8 and up. The weight limit for the zipline is 300 pounds per line; participants must sign a waiver before entering. Children under the age of 18 must have a form signed by a parent or guardian.
Programs - The outdoor staff host an array of zip line programs throughout the year including night zips and water fun zips. Most zipline programs are $12 per person. For a full schedule, call Outdoor Recreation at (434) 799-5150.
Reservations - The zip line is available for group reservations; perfect for corporations, civic organizations, church groups, families, and friends. Reservations require a minimum of eight individuals. Call (434) 799-5150 for pricing and availability.
High Ropes Course - The Danville High Ropes Course is made up of four elements including:
- Heeby Jeeby/Multi Vine - Our high ropes course has a combined element with a heeby jeeby - which uses hand lines to keep you stable as you balance on a rope. This connects to a multi-vine element which traverses a cable stretched from one platform to the center of the element using the suspended ropes hanging down.
- Island Hop - The island hop element connects platforms with a walking bridge that is missing wooden planks to walk across.
- Rope Swing - The rope swing element consists of multiple foot swings spaced two to three feet apart. It really gets challenging as you move from swing to swing.
- Dual Zip Line - Danville’s Zip Line is the final element of the Danville High Ropes Course and the perfect way to end the high ropes experience. The zip line extends for a 400-foot thrill.
The Danville High Ropes Challenge Course was built in compliance with standards of the Association for Challenge Course Technology and is operated by trained staff members.
Adventure programs are for ages 8 and up. The weight limit for the zipline is 300 pounds per line; participants must sign a waiver before the event. Children under 18 must have a form signed by parent or guardian. Call (434) 799-5150 for more information.
The course is open for various programs and is also available for group rentals, birthday parties and reservations.