Danville Development Council
- 12:30 p.m.
- Fourth Tuesday, January, March, May, July, September, November
- Second Floor Conference Room
427 Patton Street
Danville, VA 24541
- Mike Hendrickson
- R.J. Lackey
- Robin Jones
- Jim Motley
- Russell Reynolds
- Jackie Gill-Powell
- L. Hampton Wilkins
- Ralph Price
- Philip Hall
- Sherman M. Saunders
The Board of Directors serve three-year terms and consists of 10 members as follows:
- One member appointed by the Danville Industrial Development Inc.
- One member appointed by the Danville Area Chamber of Commerce
- One member appointed by the Industrial Development Authority of Danville, Virginia
- One member appointed by the Danville Area Development Foundation Inc.
- One member appointed by the Dan River Region Association of Realtors
- Three members appointed by the Council of the City of Danville, Virginia from the Private Sector
- One member appointed by City Council who is a member of Council
- The President of Danville Community College
For more information, contact the Economic Development Director, Telly Tucker, at 434-793-1753. To apply to serve on this Board, please fill out our online application.
The City of Danville, acting through its City Manager and other City employees reporting to the City Manager, are actively engaged in economic development activities intended to promote economic development in the City. The City Manager and other City employees engaged in economic development activities, working in conjunction with the City Council of the City, desire the contributions of talented and capable people from the Danville Region, who can contribute to the City's economic development efforts.
As a result, the City desires that this council, acting through its Board members, provides advice and services to the City to cooperatively promote the economic well-being, growth, and development of the City. Therefore, it is anticipated that the Board of Directors of this council shall be a working board, providing assistance as requested, and advice when appropriate, to the City. The Board will work together with the City Council, the City Manager, and other City officials and employees in cooperatively promoting economic health and development of the City.