Jail Work Forces
The Danville City Jail has two separate types of work forces. Inside Work Force (with both male and female trustees) provides services for the:
- Kitchen - Preparing and serving three meals a day for inmates
- Laundry - Washing inmate's linens, blankets, and uniforms
- Janitorial - General cleaning and maintaining of floors and cell blocks
The Outside Work Force (with male trustees) works with Parks and Recreation by performing:
- Total upkeep and maintenance of playgrounds in Danville
- Total upkeep and maintenance of ball fields in Danville
Goals & Objectives
The Danville Sheriff's Office's philosophy, goals, and objectives are to provide appropriate supervision of persons entrusted to the Department's care, to meet their basic human needs, and to make available programs that will promote positive attitudes and behavior changes.
All goals and objectives of the Danville Sheriff's Office are and shall always be in accordance with the standards, policies, and procedures approved by the State Board of Corrections, as promulgated by the Board of Corrections Revised July 17, 2002.