What should I do if I lose power?

Customers whose residence or business is without power should call Danville Utilities at (434) 773-8300 to report the outage. When calling, customers are asked to verify their telephone number and account number with the staff member or through the automated system.

For customers who have trouble getting through, keep trying. Our system can be overwhelmed at times.

Show All Answers

1. What should I do if I lose power?
2. Once I have reported an outage, what steps do you take?
3. Why can't Danville Utilities tell me when my power will be restored?
4. What if a power line falls into my yard?
5. Why did a service truck go through my neighborhood without stopping to restore my power?
6. Why did my power come back on, then go off again a few minutes later?
7. What if I have medical equipment?
8. Can I use a portable generator to produce electricity for my home during an outage?